Sunday, November 7

W H A T I S N E W ?

I've deviated for a few months now from my original plan to achieve financial stability, but all is still well. I'll be jumping back on that soon though (for real this time).

I started an Etsy store called Part & Parcel. Finally right? Vintage based, but there might be some art & design coming soon. It's been exciting to be able to use my photos for something productive and more consciously thinking about the lighting, the positioning. Sunday morning light is lovely.

Halloween weekend: Philippe's the Original. The OK Store. Plastica. Unphogettable. Really.

The last 11/05 South First Friday galleries, collectively, were the best I've been to. Maybe it was getting to see everyone too and veggie-fish bentos at Hydration. Definitely my favorite MACLA exhibit. Definitely one of my favorite ICA exhibits. Who wouldn't love an exhibit with a tree house?

@ the MACLA: Las Hermanas Iglesias - Drawn Together, Everybody Likes to Dance
@ the ICA: Tony May - Old Technology
Art on the street: Paul J. Gonzalez (his website doesn't seem to be updated though)
Music on the street: Corpus Callosum (creepy haunted house music, but I dig)
Also Kyle Pellet is having a show! Dec 10th @ Empire Seven Studios. I know I won't be disappointed.

Also also - Vivian's sis got married this weekend! I got to help take photos for their wedding. Had some good ones (photos coming soon) yep. This is also the first time in my life I have chosen to wear an all-pink outfit...er...and my matching pink Lake Tahoe sweatsuit in third grade.

I still have credits on my Southwest account. Where to go?

1 comment:

Candice said...

It was great seeing you this past Friday! And thank you for the ride home Barbara~ :) So happy to see faces I haven't seen in a looong time. We definitely should hang out sometime in the area!