Monday, September 6

Yes, Please! The Form Book: Creating Forms for Printed and Online Use

I had to redesign the invoice for work because our clients, who like many people, only took a moment to glance at the entire paper, and based on the layout of the page, did not take the time to look at the right numbers, which led to an inaccurate remittance. Then I had to deal with it. Plus, our old one used multiple sans serif and serif typefaces, and it was just ugly. So, I began looking through examples of invoices and became really fascinated with the hierarchy of information, how the eye is led around a page, what categories are used, how much guidance it provides to the reader...etc...

The invoice came out...better? I had to unfortunately redesign it in our accounting software template. And that was that. So, after overlooking this brief fascination with forms, I stumbled upon The Form Book at B&N and was in awe that someone had actually compiled a complete resource about them.

The thing that I like is that forms provide function and direction, and aren't just there to be pretty...Is this too much? haha. I got really excited. Definitely getting this book soon.

No comments: